Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know)forPQexecf()

From: <korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know)forPQexecf()
Date: 2007-03-31 22:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> It's important to get the *right* interface into the first release
> that has it.

Agreed, that's why I proposed the right interface to begin with :-)

> The day before feature freeze is way too late for
> blue-sky design IMHO.

Ok, I can certainly bring this up again in the next release cycle.  And
I can include my own private implementation in any client applications
until we have something similar in libpq.

> I note that the nominal schedule
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap
> says that all major proposals should have been made and reviewed at
> least a month ago.

Consider me spanked... (and quit giggling Bruce).

            -- Korry

--
  Korry Douglas    korryd(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
  EnterpriseDB      http://www.enterprisedb.com