Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm
Date: 2007-03-27 11:45:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 07:33 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Simon Riggs wrote:
> > http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl
> >
> > Could we sort the results by System, please? At least as an option.
> >
> > It's currently fairly hard to review the details to see whether a
> > particular release level is supported/tested. The sort order changes
> > over time, which isn't useful.
> >
> > Build failure emails are issued already, AFAIK, so the sort order on
> > last build date doesn't seem that valuable.
> >

> This page is a dashboard. It shows the latest state of each build system
> on each branch during the last 30 days.
>
> The advantage to sorting it by snapshot is that you can quickly see when
> something broke a bunch of builds.
>
> We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system name,
> but I'm not sure that will actually show you what you want. If you want
> to see the history on a particular system/branch, there is a separate
> page for that - just click the system's name on the dashboard and it
> takes you there. The URL is:
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=<systemname>&br=<branchtag>

Nearly, but I'm not interested in individual systems.

I'd like to see "which releases of Fedora build OK" or "what AIX
versions work with the latest stable release?". That requires me to
locate the systems which run AIX, which can only be determined by
scanning the whole list.

Not bothered what the UI is, just want to improve the value of the
information that has been generated.

Thanks,

--
Simon Riggs