Re: 8.1 Release Candidate 1 Coming ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.1 Release Candidate 1 Coming ...
Date: 2005-10-29 17:36:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> writes:
> hmm well -HEAD(and 8.0.4 too!) is broken on AIX 5.3ML3:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-10/msg01053.php

[ shrug... ] The reports of this problem have not given enough
information to fix it, and since it's not a regression from 8.0,
it's not going to hold up the 8.1 release. When and if we receive
enough info to fix it, we'll gladly do so, but ...

(My guess is that the problem is a compiler or libc bug anyway,
given that one report says that replacing a memcpy call with
an equivalent loop makes the failure go away.)