geaphical query designer

From: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: geaphical query designer
Date: 2007-03-09 21:20:22
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Folks,

I would like to to give a try to implement a graphical query designer in
PGAdmin. I know it won't be easy hence I am new to the PGAdmin source
and wxWidgets...

I would like to know your opinion about the following plan:

The designer module would consist of two main parts

1. The graphical part that is mainly going to be wxWidgets magic for
dragging/dropping and drawing.

2. The second part would be an SQL parser that will be used to parse SQL
to an object model to draw the graphical part and to generate SQL from
that object model.

I guess the second part would contain most of the work. I hope I can
reuse the yacc/lex grammar from PG to help build this part. The question
is whether the code generated by yacc/lex can be used within PGAdmin
codebase.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Gevik