request for assistance: postgres installation

From: Mahlako Lebotsa <mahlako(at)geoaxon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: request for assistance: postgres installation
Date: 2007-03-07 08:29:53
Lists: pgsql-ports
hi there

please assist me in the following:

- step by step installation instructions
1.How do i make a fresh installation on my system
2.The platform i use is linux ubuntu 6.0 ,where do i create a directory
for the software.

i have loaded the prostgres packages under system/administrator/synaptic
package manager.so  far that's all i have done i don't know how to run
this files from my repository and make an installation please help.

Thanking you in advance

Mahlako lebotsa

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Scott ZhongDate: 2007-03-15 15:09:55