Cleaning up directory pgsql_tmp ?

From: "David Levy" <dvid(dot)levy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cleaning up directory pgsql_tmp ?
Date: 2007-03-05 21:53:52
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have a 7Go pgsql_tmp directory in my main tablespace which remains
even after a cluster restart.
Does anyone know how to clean up properly ? Can i just delete the
directory in the filesystem (with the cluster up or down ?) ?

The documentation says it should be handled automatically by the
cluster at the next startup, but it does not :(
I guess it comes from a severe server crash that occured several days
ago ...

Thanks in advance !

pgsql-admin by date