Re: pgadmin as main postgresql GUI interface

From: brsaweda(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: brsa(at)gmx(dot)at
Subject: Re: pgadmin as main postgresql GUI interface
Date: 2007-02-24 22:25:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Feb 22, 6:19 pm, m(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)radev(dot)net ("Milen A. Radev") wrote:
> Seb написа:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:49:59 -0700,
> > Dan Harris <f(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)drivefaster(dot)net> wrote:
>
> > [...]
>
> Have you tried the SDBC driver
> (http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/)?

I have successfully set up a connection from the latest OOo to
PostgreSQL with the SDBC driver. Setup took me some time, but it
worked alright. I would definitely chose the SDBC driver over ODBC,
but more importantly, I chose pgadmin and psql as tools for daily
database administration work. OOo via SDBC is pretty limited,
comparably slow and all in all not very mature. For what it's worth,
it's the closest to MS Access among the GUIs for PostgreSQL I have
seen.

Yeah, I used to work with MS Access, too, but completely quit a couple
of years ago. The Access interface has its strong points. I can,
however, confirm every last bit about "maliciousness" concerning the
company. I still get former clients who want me to work on their
Access databases. Recently, I have gone over to refuse without much
further elaboration.

Regards
Erwin