[RFC] mysql compatibility project

From: Tony Grant <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [RFC] mysql compatibility project
Date: 2007-02-07 08:45:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hej!

After a years break I am looking at Mambo/Joomla CMS for a couple of non
mission critical projects. I really don't want to run MySQL behind these
sites (did I say i don't like MySQL? =:-D) and was pleased to discover
that someone was working on a project to put a compatibility layer
between such CMS and PostgreSQL. Of course a CMS that is database
agnostic would be the ideal sollution...

Have any of you tested this under moderate load? If yes what issues need
I watch out for?

I will try Joomla and use a Coppermine gallery module. I will use JForum
instead of any of the PHP solutions (did I say i don't like PHP? =:-D)
so SSO may be a challenge

TIA for your thoughts

Tony

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Olivier BoissardDate: 2007-02-07 10:23:03