uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel)

From: Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: uuid patch 3.0 (8.3devel)
Date: 2007-01-26 12:11:56
Lists: pgsql-patches
Folks,

As commented by Peter, I have done some re-styling.
Some additional tests and format checking have been added to this patch.

> Put your file at the end of the OBJS variable (or in some sort of
> sensible order).
Done.

> Put your file at the end of the tests (or in some sort of sensible
> order).

Done.

> Refrain from self-evident comments, such as
>
> + /*
> +  * function handles input for the uuid datatype
> + */
> + Datum uuid_in(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
>
> You can probably delete all comments in your patch by that criterion.

Some changed, but not all has been removed for readability reasons.

> This sort of super-verbose coding might be alright, but it gets tiring
> when done systematically for no reason:
>
> + 	result = DirectFunctionCall1(textin, uuid_str);
> + 	return result;

Some changed, but not all.

> The uuid.c file claims it is uuid.h.

Changed.

> Move the stuff from builtins.h to uuid.h.
Not changed. please see:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-01/msg00362.php

> Move the stuff from uuid.h that is not needed anywhere else to uuid.c.

Done.

> No // comments.

Done.

> Don't number the tests.  We might want to insert something later and
> that would mess everything up.

Done.

> Capitalize the SQL test scripts as in other files.

Done.

> Remove gratuitous whitespace changes (there are many).

Done. AFAICS

> Also remove the whitespace at the end of lines.

Done. AFAICS

> Make some reasonable effort to align the catalog entries for
> readability.

Done.

Any more comments?

Regards,