Re: Strange error using postgres 8.2 + JDBC 8.2 driver

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange error using postgres 8.2 + JDBC 8.2 driver
Date: 2007-01-17 17:13:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
> This will actually happen in 8.1 servers if you are running the latest
> releases.  Previously, inserting something like "a\0b" would silently
> truncate at the null byte, but now it's an error.  So, check your data for
> \0.

Well, if the 0 bytes are in the byte array, I would expect that to be
OK, the driver should escape them, right ? (I actually tested this, it
works).

Other than that, the parameters are plain strings and primitives, so I
would also be surprised to be able to insert invalid 0 bytes in those...
Could it be that we have some strange characters not properly encoded by
the driver ?

Thanks,
Csaba.