join a lot of columns of two tables

From: ivan marchesini <marchesini(at)unipg(dot)it>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: join a lot of columns of two tables
Date: 2006-12-14 11:01:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear Postgres Users,
I have 2 tables...
each one has a column called ID (primary keys of each table)
the values into each ID column are exactly the same.

each table has a lot of other columns (around 50 for each table)....

I would like to create a table containing the ID (only one column
obviously) and all the other columns of both tables...

a simple equi join for each column is simple but how can I join
completely the two table on the bases of the column ID???

probably it is a simple question but I don't know how to solve this very
simple problem quikly... :-(
thanks

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a