Re: psql possible TODO

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Richard Troy <rtroy(at)ScienceTools(dot)com>
Cc: mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql possible TODO
Date: 2006-12-06 00:39:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 16:47 -0800, Richard Troy wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >
> > Funny no one has yet to offer a better alternative,
>
> -snip-
>
> I thought I did. The toolset can be updated to include a switch that give
> you what you want without destroying what exists today.

My complaint certainly wasn't at you, your suggestion was perfectly
valid.

> > I was quite serious, if someone can illustrate a more efficient way I
> > will gladly RTFM on that way and drop the whole thing.
>
> Short of that happening, my suggestion is; get coding, brother!

Plan on it :)

> If you
> want it and you can't convince everyone else your way is better, then it
> seems to me you have a great choice; implement it yourself

Well of course not... we are hearding cats afterall. I would however
like to get a idea from the people who have said they would like such a
feature of what type of syntax they would like.

> and then share
> it with everyone else! ...Or, did you expect someone else to step in and
> do your coding for you? -smile-

I just pay people to do that when needed. ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/