Select permissions on system tables

From: ketema(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select permissions on system tables
Date: 2006-11-04 15:24:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

I created a view as:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW caviar_schemas AS
SELECT n.oid::integer AS schema_id,
n.nspname::information_schema.sql_identifier::text AS schema_name
FROM pg_namespace n, pg_authid u
WHERE n.nspowner = u.oid AND pg_has_role(n.nspowner, 'MEMBER'::text)
AND u.rolname::information_schema.sql_identifier::text <>
'postgres'::text
ORDER BY n.nspname::information_schema.sql_identifier::text;

I then granted Select permissions on both the view and underlying
tables to public. When I select form the table as a non super user I
get no error, but no rows. Super users select from the view and
underlying tables fine. How can I give select only permissions to this

view to non super users?

Thanks