Re: initdb crash after install

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jim Buckley" <buckley(at)engr(dot)orst(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb crash after install
Date: 2000-04-25 03:42:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Jim Buckley" <buckley(at)engr(dot)orst(dot)edu> writes:
> The initdb crashes with the following error:

> ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse
> "template1"

Hmm, seems pretty wacko.  I haven't seen that before, but I wonder
whether you are using inconsistent bits of code, ie, a mismatch of
files from your old install and files from the new one.  Check your
path to make sure you are using the right version of initdb, and
make sure that your PGLIB environment variable points to the
newly installed lib directory.