How does PHP (and particularly ZF) deal with user types?

From: Herouth Maoz <herouth(at)unicell(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How does PHP (and particularly ZF) deal with user types?
Date: 2011-08-22 07:50:24
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi.

I asked a question on the pgsql-sql mailing list, and the solution suggested using a type from pgfoundry.

How does PHP deal with user-defined types? Specifically, we use ZF library and it would be preferred not to have to write the queries literally but rather use the prepared statements offered by ZF. Are User-Defined types converted into any appropriate PHP constructs? Or do I have to convert everything into strings and parse returned strings into objects/arrays?

TIA
Herouth