Problem : Sql queries are created in lowercase

From: "Josep" <josepk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem : Sql queries are created in lowercase
Date: 2006-10-01 18:47:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi friends,
I am using postgresql 81 and I have seen that when you launch an sql
sentence with psql admin III of create for example :

CREATE TABLE CONTACT
(
id int8 NOT NULL,
firstname varchar(255),
lastname varchar(255),
email varchar(255),
CONSTRAINT contact_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER TABLE CONTACT OWNER TO prova;

Then this table is created but in lowercase :-( , if you create the
table manually then is created how you put( lowerCase or UpperCase).

When using JDBC its happend the same, if I created a table from jdbc
with uppercase then is created in lowercase and this is a problem
becouse if you launch a select searching "contact" is not the same that
searching "CONTACT" and all goes bad :-(.

I have tryed with all drivers of jdbdc of postresql and the same
happens.

Some Idea?