Re: [OT]DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet(at)amorsen(dot)dk>
Cc: postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [OT]DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS
Date: 2006-09-28 09:17:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Backspace deletes character-wise, as long as you have LANG set
> correctly. Check LANG and the LC_* environment variables.

OK, you're right:

$ echo $LANG
de_DE(at)euro

# show client_encoding ;
 client_encoding
-----------------
 UTF8
(1 row)

But then I wonder why the client encoding is set to UTF-8 ? I did not
fiddle at all with this AFAIK, and I guess psql is the one setting
this...

OTOH, I'm accessing the DB box via ssh, and my local box has:

cnagy> echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

So it might be some strange interaction between my local locale, the
server's locale and ssh...

BTW, I tried if the same problem happens on the server command line (via
ssh), and it does (while, for completeness, it works fine on my local
box):

postgres(at)dbpos5:~$ date
-sh:  date: command not found
     ^
  this here is the result of 'ΓΌ + backspace'

So I guess this is not postgres related, and therefore off topic for
this list...

Cheers,
Csaba.