Re: create tables and prepared statements with params

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Enrique Rodríguez Lasterra <lasterra(at)javahispano(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create tables and prepared statements with params
Date: 2006-09-13 17:20:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

In 8.x the driver uses "real" server-side prepared statements. In 7.4.x
the driver did string replacements before submitting statements to the
server.

There are pros and cons to server-side prepared statements. They're
mostly a very good thing, but you're running into one of the
limitations; the driver can only put variables in places where the
server allows variables. CREATE TABLE isn't one of those places.

Your best bet with the 8.x driver is to perform the string replacement
yourself.

[Question to the list: this should be on the FAQ. How could I go about
submitting patches to the FAQ page?]

-- Mark Lewis