Re: sql-bench

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: yoav x <yoav112003(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sql-bench
Date: 2006-09-13 14:44:30
Lists: pgsql-performance
The last I checked (years ago), sql-bench was very synthetic (i.e.
reflecting no realistic use case).  It's the sort of test suite that's
useful for database developers when testing the effects of a particular
code change or optimization, but not so applicable to real-world uses.

Historically the test was also bad for PG because it did nasty things
like 10,000 inserts each in separate transactions because the test was
written for MySQL which at the time didn't support transactions.  Not
sure if that's been fixed yet or not.

Can you provide details about the schema and the queries that are slow?

-- Mark