Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes

From: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes
Date: 2011-05-14 19:14:14
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Bruce,

As a fork of the earlier discussion, I think we should credit two groups of people in the release notes:

(1) bug reporters / testers
(2) patch reviewers

My suggestions to keep things simple is, rather than trying to credit people on a per-feature basis, we simply have a list of names at the end of the release notes.  Also, that we limit it to people whose contribution to development was significant (i.e. reviewed more than one patch, or spent a lot of time testing and analyzing a bug).

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2011-05-14 19:20:02