Cannot install properly on WinXP...

From: "Luis Antonio Tama Wong" <ltama(at)fiec(dot)espol(dot)edu(dot)ec>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot install properly on WinXP...
Date: 2004-09-14 20:32:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello!

I have some problems when installing postgresql-8.0-beta2-dev3 on my WinXP
system.
During the installation process, after the DOS batch process, I get the
following error messages:
"Failed to connect to database. Procedural languages files are installed,
but are not activated in any databases."
"server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while the request."
"Failed to connect to database. Contrib files are installed, but are not
activated in any databases."
"server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while the request."
Then, the installation finishes.

Later, when I open pgAdmin III, I right clic on ... and get the following
error:
"An error has occured:
couldo not receive server response to SSL negotiation packet: Connection
reset by peer (0x00002746/10054)"
So, I cannot see the database server.
I tried checking and resetting the system service, but I got no response.

Please tell me what the problem is, what I may be dogin wrong or please
fix the bug :)

God bless you!

Luis Tama

Luis Antonio Tama Wong
Ayudante
LAB-FIEC - ESPOL
Teléfono: 2269268
e-mail: ltama(at)fiec(dot)espol(dot)edu(dot)ec

¡No tengáis miedo de ser santos!
--- S.S. Juan Pablo II