Autonumbering Problem?

From: Arthur Baldwin <mobilepc(at)mobilepcclinic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Autonumbering Problem?
Date: 2006-08-21 16:51:20
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I'm used to MS Access handling the autonumbering all by itself.  I'm not
sure if this issue is common knowledge for both PostGres and MySQL, but
perhaps the reason for my error message has to do with a badly formed
SQL statement.  Here is the output seen in my terminal window:

[arthur(at)arthur ~]$ psql tco

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

tco=# insert into customers (FullName) values ('Arthur E. Baldwin');
ERROR:  relation "customers" does not exist
tco=# \d
                 List of relations
 Schema |         Name         |   Type   | Owner
 public | Customers            | table    | arthur
 public | Customers_CustID_seq | sequence | arthur
(2 rows)

tco=#

What am I doing wrong?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2006-08-21 16:52:39