WAL file rotation/ XLog Switch

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL file rotation/ XLog Switch
Date: 2006-07-27 13:08:52
Lists: pgsql-patches

Include here a prototype patch that implements pg_switch_xlog() in line
with earlier discussions about how this should be implemented.

This patch implements
- separate function for manual xlog switch
- internals to allow pg_stop_backup() to perform auto log switching

Patch applies cleanly to cvstip, passes make check and also switches
xlogs cleanly. I've not tested recovery yet, though will do so shortly
--- yes, of course that is critical, before you say so.

I'm shipping this very early to allow discussion, rather than test it
fully and leave people wondering what it looks like.

A production version will be ready prior to 8.2 code freeze.

--
Simon Riggs

Attachment Content-Type Size
xlogswitch_beta.patch text/x-patch 14.8 KB