Re: getting mdb(microsoft acess) file in postgresql

From: Glenn Davy <glenn(at)tangelosoftware(dot)net>
To: nitin quick <quick(dot)nitin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: getting mdb(microsoft acess) file in postgresql
Date: 2006-07-25 13:06:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 16:51 +0530, nitin quick wrote:
> How can i read or import a mdb database file into postgresql?
sor
its years since Ive done it, so there might be fine detail to sort along
the way. but you can...

* Connect to postgres with odbc and link tables into mdb file then make
'append' queries in access
*  Export to CSV from access then use the postgresql copy command to
import the csv data
* if your on *nix then you might be able to use  kexi to do a query that
copies from the mdb file to postgres as I believe it handles both. There
are also other similar tools in the gnome stable I believe