Re: Index corruption

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Marc Munro <marc(at)bloodnok(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index corruption
Date: 2006-06-29 21:37:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ühel kenal päeval, N, 2006-06-29 kell 17:23, kirjutas Tom Lane:
> Marc Munro <marc(at)bloodnok(dot)com> writes:
> > Tom,
> > we have a newer and much smaller (35M) file showing the same thing:
>
> Thanks. Looking into this, what I find is that *both* indexes have
> duplicated entries for the same heap tuple:

> However, the two entries in idx1 contain different data!!
>
> What I speculate right at the moment is that we are not looking at index
> corruption at all, but at heap corruption: somehow, the first insertion
> into ctid (27806,2) got lost and the same ctid got re-used for the next
> inserted row. We fixed one bug like this before ...

Marc: do you have triggers on some replicated tables ?

I remember having some corruption in a database with weird circular
trigger structures, some of them being slony log triggers.

The thing that seemed to mess up something inside there, was when change
on parent rownt fired a trigger that changes child table rows and there
rows fired another trigger that changed the same parent row again.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me: callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free: http://www.skype.com