Re: pg_restore: [archiver] could not open input file

From: lbolognini(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore: [archiver] could not open input file
Date: 2006-06-29 14:18:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> lbolognini(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> > C:\www\foo.com\trunk\db>pg_restore -h localhost -U postgres -W
> > mySecretPassword script.sql
>
> I don't think you're supposed to put the password on the command line
> like that. It's probably taking "mySecretPassword" as the file name
> to read.

Hi Tom,

it doesn't seem even that: I tried to exclude all other parameters and
leaving just:
c:\> pg_restore script.sql

also specifying the absolute path it's still giving an error, though
different:
pg_restore: [archiver] input file does not appear to be a valid archive

Dunno, it's just a regular db dump with function definitions and create
table instructions

Thanks anyway,
Lorenzo