Insert Statement By Trigger Function

From: "Fuzzydave" <phillipsd(at)cromwell(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Insert Statement By Trigger Function
Date: 2006-06-29 07:47:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am trying to set up my first trigger event without success, this is
basically
what i am trying to do.

I have information that is inserted from MS SQL SERVER into the main
table
cs_levels which resides on Postgres 8.1 on our Linux Red Hat Server.
When
a row is inserted into the cs_levels table I want a Trigger after
Insert to run
and then insert the 10 variables on that row into the archive table. I
have never
worked with triggers before but apparently i cannot pass variables into
a trigger
function, so how can i do an insert? I noticed a section on specific
variables
for trigger functions but its not very clear.

I could just run the insert query twice from MS SQL Server but i have
to use
triggers in other places and guessed i might as well face the music
now.

Thanks
David Phillips