Re: Lock-when-Loaded failing

From: "DanixDefcon5" <danixdefcon5(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lock-when-Loaded failing
Date: 2006-06-22 21:25:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Ok, thanks. Thing is, while I was waiting an answer from here, I tried
the code on our Test Envirnoment AS. It is the next version, Sun Java
AS 9, which uses the Java EE 5 platform. Funny thing is ... it worked.
Just as-is, no changes, no NOTHING. Just deployed and tested, and all
the "lock-when-loaded" consistencies worked. (Even tested the
consistency doing a LOCK TABLE SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE to see if the EJB
transaction would lock until available.)

So I assume it must be some weird bug, specific to the 8.1 AS version.
Should note that  the JDBC pool is defined exactly the same in both
servers.

Only thing I haven't solved by now is that the CMP management for the
Sun AS is kind of dumb when using tables in schemas that are not in the
current connection's search_path. But that is another story ...