Re: [HACKERS] Patch to fix plpython on OS X

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Patch to fix plpython on OS X
Date: 2005-07-24 13:40:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Michael Fuhr said:

> I just built Python 2.3 and it does indeed format the error differently
> than later versions (the format appears to have changed in 2.3.1):

[snip]
> I've attached two new files that should go in the plpython directory:
>
> resultmap
> expected/plpython_error_py23.out
>
> A problem with this patch is that it assumes a version of Python
> based on the OS, which might clean up the current buildfarm but
> that isn't really correct. Is there a better way to handle this?

This is completely unnecessary - pg_regress has an alternative result
mechanism that doesn't rely on a resultmap file. Just name your alternative
result file foo_n.out instead of foo.out, for some n in [0-9]. In this case,
call it, say, plpython_error_1.out. Job done, and no OS dependence.

cheers

andrew