Re: More thoughts about planner's cost estimates

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: "Todd A(dot)Cook" <tcook(at)blackducksoftware(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: More thoughts about planner's cost estimates
Date: 2006-06-03 18:46:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ühel kenal päeval, L, 2006-06-03 kell 10:43, kirjutas Jim Nasby:

> Might also be worth adding analyze delay settings, ala
> vacuum_cost_delay.

Actually we should have delay settings for all potential
(almost-)full-scan service ops, - VACUUM, ANALYSE, CREATE INDEX, ADD
CONSTRAINT, maybe more - so that there would be better chances of
running those on busy databases without disastrous effects.

Probably we should use the same settings for all these, not invent a new
set for each.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me: callto:hkrosing