psqlodbc problem urgent

From: raja chidambaram <raja(at)solnettechnologies(dot)com>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psqlodbc problem urgent
Date: 2006-06-01 04:19:54
Lists: sydpug
Hi all,

I use postgres version 7.5.9-2 with psqlodbc version 7.3-3 that comes
with RHEL3 for our application.But i a found sort of bug in psqlodbc
when i try to execute a query while the postgres database is down,the
SQLprepare statement returns 0 insted of -1 & the application crashes
displaying Broken pipe.

But i did not find this in earlier version of psqlodbc.

I need to handle this we are enhancing our application for postgres
database recovery.

the code goes like this i call this function

Void executeQuery()
{
    int i, iRetValue;

    for(i = 0; i < MAX_ROW; i ++)
    {
        iRetValue = SQLPrepare( hstmt, (UCHAR *) cmds[i], SQL_NTS );

        if ( iRetValue != SQL_SUCCESS )
        {
            printf( "SQLError SQLPrepare() failed\n" );
            return;
        }

        //printf("Executing: %s\n", cmds[i]);
        iRetValue = SQLExecute ( hstmt );
        if ( iRetValue != SQL_SUCCESS )
        {
            printf( "SQLError SQLExecute() failed with retVal: %d\n",
iRetValue
	}
);

71,1          34%

  Is their any way to verify postgres connection.If so help me please
it's urgent.

                                                                    with
regards

raja