Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)

From: Marcos <mjs_ops(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of comunity)
Date: 2006-03-28 15:31:42
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi,

I'm a Postgresql's user and I think that it's very very good and
robust.

In my work we're confuse between where database is the best choose:
Postgresql or Mysql. The Mysql have the reputation that is very fast
working in the web but in our application we are estimating many access
simultaneous, then I think that the Postgresql is the best choice.

Am I right?

Our server have 1 GB of RAM, how many users can it support at the same
time with this memory?

Thanks in advanced

Marcos

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: ashahDate: 2006-03-28 15:59:49