Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Joel Miller <joelwmiller(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync
Date: 2006-03-25 04:13:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Personally, I'd really like to have a local repository copy, because
> I spend a *lot* of time with cvsweb etc --- but I'm sure my needs are
> several standard deviations away from the mean.

I'm actually amazed that anyone does any serious amount of work on
Postgres *without* using cvsup :)

I agree that investigating alternatives would be a good idea: AFAIK
there's no easy way to build cvsup on Linux/AMD64 (without patches and
more pain than I'm willing to endure), so I use cvsup on one machine and
then periodically rsync a copy of that to my main (AMD64) machine.

-Neil