encrypt/decrypt problem

From: "Ivan" <perseus(at)444(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: encrypt/decrypt problem
Date: 2003-04-28 15:07:31
Lists: pgsql-general

hi

i need to encrypt some fields in a table of my postgre db, my table is
named clients and the fields are "id", "name" and "password", i was
looking and i find the pgcrypto utility, i read something about the
pgcrypto functions and i see the "crypto" function and use it, well the
fields change and i supose that was encrypted... but how i could obtain
the decrypt info??? (i don't know it), well next i read about the
"encrypt-decrypt" function, maybe it is what i need i try to use the
encrypt function from the EMS PostgreSQL Manager (SQL editor) in that form

UPDATE tabla2 SET pass = encrypt(pass, 'iv', 'bf');

next i try:

encrypt(pass,'fooz','bf')

but either work... i don't find much examples about it, pls does anyone
have an idea of how i can implement the "encrypt-decrypt on my table???

ivan

Free Webmail courtesy of http://www.444.net/