Re: Extended Query Protocol Question

From: Greg <grigorey(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extended Query Protocol Question
Date: 2010-07-13 15:06:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for quick response.

Well, portal name is the same for both bind and execute messages as for 2nd point: I tried composing Parse, Bind and Execute in the same buffer (with Sync message ending each) and then send data to the database as well as sending those messages one by one and reading their response and still getting "portal does not exists" error when Execute message sent to the database. Is there are way to check weather the portal been created for parsed query using pgAdmin III (idea is to send Parse & Bind messages and then freeze the application to see weather portal exists)?

Thanks.