Re: BUG #6021: There is no difference between default and empty access privileges with \dp

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: gszpetkowski(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6021: There is no difference between default and empty access privileges with \dp
Date: 2011-05-12 22:20:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"psql \dp showing empty Access privileges column for {}" <gszpetkowski(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> privileges with \dp

Yeah.  It's been like that since forever, and nobody's complained
before, possibly because revoking all privileges for everybody isn't
a particularly useful real-world case.

One possibility is to start showing "default" when the ACL is null,
which would be quite easy to implement:

	COALESCE(array_to_string(c.relacl, E'\n'), 'default')

But that might be too big a change.  Or we could take the opposite
tack of changing the display in the no-privileges case; but I don't
see a similarly compact way to do that.