Re: OraToPg WAS: new project submissions on

From: Chris Mair <list(at)1006(dot)org>
To: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OraToPg WAS: new project submissions on
Date: 2006-03-08 22:33:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
> So do you intend to eventually support other databases? That'd be
> cool (to say the least). How expandable is the current architecture?

Not very expandable.

The problem is that we basically just started to code a bison grammar
file for (some small subset of) Oracle(TM) SQL and PL/SQL elements and
from there the whole thing grew in a somewhat kludgy way.

Anyway, it's a start. Maybe pgfoundry can help improve things a bit.

Regarding other databases, some work was initially done on Informix,
but there's not much generic code and the Informix pieces are
not part of what eventually became protopg.

I'd say, just have a look at the whole thing when it'll appear on
pgfoundry (I hope soon).

Bye :)
Chris.