Re: Postgres-JDBC question

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Sean <sean(dot)conlon(at)4expertsolutions(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres-JDBC question
Date: 2006-01-27 18:41:22
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

This usually means that you have allowed TCP/IP connections in
postgresql.conf, but haven't added a rule allowing remote access in
pg_hba.conf for anything other than localhost.

A sample pg_hba.conf line to allow any host on the network to connect
using MD5 password hashes would be:

host all all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 md5

-- Mark Lewis