Re: domain constraints and UNKNOWN params

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, david(at)justatheory(dot)com
Subject: Re: domain constraints and UNKNOWN params
Date: 2006-01-12 05:28:40
Lists: pgsql-patches
> This is a good catch, but the patch's added check on targetTyptype is a
> waste of code and cycles.  coerce_to_domain is perfectly capable of
> doing nothing when nothing is called for.

Ah, right. Attached is a corrected patch.

> I wonder whether there is any reasonably simple way to audit the whole
> backend for missing domain processing...

Yeah, I've been thinking along the same lines -- the recent spate of
issues doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the correctness or
completeness of the current implementation. I don't really see a way to
check the code that doesn't require a fair amount of manual auditing,
though...

-Neil