Log entry asking to contact support

From: mike <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Log entry asking to contact support
Date: 2005-12-30 21:08:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I was running a manual vacuum through pgadmin 1.4.1 on a database and my connection to the database was lost during it. I reconnected to the database, went to Tools->Server Status->Log File and there is an entry that says:

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information".

I am running XP Pro SP2. Database is 8.1.1 and is not located on the same machine.

I also have autovacuum enabled.

I then tried to re-vacuum the database by using the local copy of pgadmin on the database machine. When it got to the same table and began working it stopped again. This time an error message was displayed instead of the connection being closed. The error:

"failed to re-find parent key in "idx_volume_consultant"

Should I just recreate the index and try to vacuum (full) again? I want to assume it got corrupted during the original vacuum attempt.

I have been starting the vacuum from the database name level in pgadmin.

I would be happy to try and give more info if I can. I initially posted this to pgadmin-support but was asked to post here.

Mike