Re: Standby database & RAC concept in PostgresQL

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Murugan G <murugan(dot)g(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Standby database & RAC concept in PostgresQL
Date: 2005-12-29 14:55:31
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 13:29 +0530, Murugan G wrote:

> Can I know whether Oracle's Standby database & RAC concepts available
> in PostgresQL

You can set up the equivalent of Oracle Standby if you wish, using PITR.
Other methods of Replication for resilience are possible, such as Slony.

pgcluster implements something similar to Oracle RAC, but I have not
seen a production installation of this, though this may exist in Japan?

pgpool can be used to load balance across multiple servers, if that was
your requirement for RAC.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs