upgrading a three year old server

From: tony <tony(at)tgds(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: upgrading a three year old server
Date: 2005-12-18 17:49:13
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have just performed an upgrade on a 5 year old server (hardware)
running 3 year old software - PG 7.2.x

I have moved to PG 8.1.1 installed from FC4 rpms

I have tried the following:

createdb xxx -E LATIN1 <- old version had this encoding (intranet server
dates from 2000 upgrade to 7.2 done in 2002)
psql -d xxxx -U postgres -f xxxx.out.1 <- this being my daily dump

When I connect to the database with either webmin or pgaccess I have
multiple tables where it is shown as 0 tuples. The data is there (read
using nedit on the dump file) but not being read by either of the
interfaces I usually use for basic data control.

And my JSP webapp is choking on the French accents. I have yet to try
OpenOffice which is now the secondary data manipulation tool used by the
client after the JSP app. After a long Google I have come here to ask of
you some pointers =:-D

Cheers

Tony Grant
--
Tony Grant
www.tgds.net - vente d'ordinateurs mini-itx en ligne

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Ken HillDate: 2005-12-18 19:21:06