Re: pg_dump: relation "..." already exists warning

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: nasr(dot)laili(at)tin(dot)it
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump: relation "..." already exists warning
Date: 2005-09-18 03:45:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
Ennio-Sr <nasr(dot)laili(at)tin(dot)it> writes:
> pg_dump finanz -t ult_qq | psql finanza ennio ult_qq    [***]
> [***] I copied this instruction somewhere from: it works,

... other than the warning it emits telling you that you've got
the psql command line syntax all wrong.  What other warnings and
error messages are you blithely ignoring?  I think you've omitted
the information needed to figure out what's wrong here.

Please post a cut-and-paste of a terminal window session showing this
sequence, not an edited transcript showing only what you think is
important.

BTW, one fairly likely guess about the problem is that you have
different schema search paths in the two databases --- so checking
the ALTER DATABASE defaults for each database wouldn't be a bad
idea.