Seeking a Postgres DBA

From: RyanLum <Ryan(dot)Lum(at)greythorninc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seeking a Postgres DBA
Date: 2007-06-28 00:36:51
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Salt Lake City , Utah

Great Perks!!! Call for more info..
Contract to Hire opportunity for an experienced senior level Postgres DBA to
join a great Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will assist in
maintaining, tuning, and building out our databases. My client is a
fast-paced company that has seen 70+% growth year over year since in
business.

Required Skills:

-Solid experience administering/maintaining PostgreSQL;
-Solid understanding of RDBM concepts and normalization principles;
-Comfortable managing multiple database servers in a high-traffic
environment;
-Comfortable with complex SQL queries involving sub-selects, views,
CASEs, functions, etc.;
-Comfortable learning and working with custom software;
-Excellent communication skills;
-Works well in team environment;
-Shows demonstrated ability to take on challenges.

Preferred Skills:
-Experience with administering linux servers;
-Excellent Perl skills.

If interested please send me your resume and a good time to call.
Thanks!

Ryan Lum
toll free 877 635 0300
ryan(dot)lum(at)greythorninc(dot)com