Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues

From: pedro farinha <op217537(at)mail(dot)telepac(dot)pt>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: "jdbc(dot)postgres" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Again the JSCreator and Metadata issues
Date: 2005-11-19 00:35:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Kris,
I have made a new post into the creator Feedback program, referring
you're assumptions and solutions. Lets see if we can get any news from
them before doing the changes, if any.
I haven't tried it yet but I will try to verify that the problem is
really related with "variable size fields". If it is we can always say
"in order to use creator you must not use variable size fields".
I will try to test with a table with all fields with fixed size, then
with fields with variable size and see what I'll hit.
On my post to the feedback program I raised the question of
int.MAX_VALUE and what would be the impact of it. I also suggested a
"default value" which while not correct may not impact much into the
real implementation and also the magic number "0". What does it mean
when you have a column with size = 0? . As you can see I am not very
familiar with DB structures at all, thus the probably stupid question,
what is the size of a "blob" column ? can it be fixed?.

thanks for you're help.