Debian AMD64 compile problem

From: Joost Kraaijeveld <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debian AMD64 compile problem
Date: 2005-11-04 11:24:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am trying to compile PgAdmin3 1.4 Beta 3 on a Debian 3.1 Sarge machine
with PostgreQSL 8.03 installed. Configure complains, saying

checking for pgsql include files... yes
checking for pgsql... yes
checking for PQexec in -lpq... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lpq... yes
checking libpq-fe.h usability... no
checking libpq-fe.h presence... no
checking for libpq-fe.h... no
checking pgsql in /usr... failed
configure: error: you must specify a valid pgsql installation with
--with-pgsql=DIR

Now I am confused. The first two lines suggest that configure finds the
files it cannot find in the last two lines.

Could you give me an insight in what it actually wants, and more
important where to find it?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
e-mail: J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl
web: www.askesis.nl