importing limited set of rows/tuples

From: cha <chandresh(dot)rana(at)metrixline(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: importing limited set of rows/tuples
Date: 2007-06-26 17:04:41
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I have eliminated certain tables while exporting as  the size of the data in
the tables are huge.Though am having the schema which contains all the
tables.

Now I want to import limited set of records/rows ( 1000 tuples ) from the
eliminated tables.

Is this possible? If yes, please tell me how to accomplish this?

Secondly, like to know how postgresql take care of all the
constraints/referential integrity while importing the records from the
different tables?

Cheers,
Cha