Re: Documentation typos

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation typos
Date: 2005-10-13 17:48:11
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Thu, 2005-13-10 at 12:17 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> I don't agree that we need to force one spelling of common words when
> many dictionaries recognise the validity of variant spellings.

There is obviously no "need" to force the use of one spelling variant or
another. However, I think it is good style to consistently use either
American or British English. To pick the first example from Google, the
FreeBSD documentation group do this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/writing-style.html

And they face many of the same challenges we do as far as contributors
from different regions of the world.

-Neil