Re: About Connections and PreparedStatements

From: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
To: Hector Rosas <jeziel(dot)rosas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About Connections and PreparedStatements
Date: 2005-10-12 20:01:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

If you need to execute the same query many times, then keep the
preparedStatement open and just keep assigning parameters and
(re)executing it.

To get the best performance out of PostgreSQL, you'll need to be running
a relatively recent PostgreSQL version (7.4 or later, I think) along
with a newer JDBC driver, and you'll want to set the prepareThreshold to
something low, like 1 or 2. See docs here:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/80/server-prepare.html

-- Mark