Re: Synchronize Postgres with an other database

From: David Stanaway <david(at)stanaway(dot)net>
To: hue <hue(at)lavoisier(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Synchronize Postgres with an other database
Date: 2005-09-27 17:45:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

How many changes per minute are you planning for? Looking to the WAL
files seems very low level, and I don't imagine it would be a good idea
unless performance dictated it.

Have you thought of setting up a trigger to log inserts/updates/deletes
into a transaction table/tables that you can poll with a java
application or whatever other language you want?